Work in an environment that is always uptempo.
Steinway & Sons is seeking individuals who possess the desire, passion, and experience to join our organization in producing, selling, or supporting the world’s finest pianos. We offer unique opportunities in New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, and California to become part of the Steinway & Sons family.
If you are interested in becoming part of Steinway & Sons, please review the available positions listed below.
Open Positions:Concert & Artist Administrator (Los Angeles)
Last Updated: May 16, 2013
Steinway & Sons maintains a fleet of concert instruments for rental purposes in the Los Angeles market. Our customers include international music festivals, orchestras, recording studios, Universities and performance venues. Steinway & Sons is looking for someone to manage and grow this market. In this position, you will be working for Steinway & Sons directly and joining a company who has been in business for 160 years. This position is fun, yet high profile and offers an excellent opportunity for advancement and career growth. This position is full time and offers a salary and full, comprehensive benefits.
- Maintain database of rental customers and coordinate piano shipments and service on rentals.
- Handle all pricing quotes for existing and new rental customers.
- Facilitate all invoicing / billing and collection of fees.
- Communicate with venues and pianists to satisfy their needs.
- Attend concerts, recitals and competitions throughout the greater Los Angeles area on behalf of Steinway & Sons.
- Responsible for inventory control and maintenance of concert piano fleet.
- Control costs and maximize resources in order to maintain a profitable concert rental department.
- Pursue new opportunities in the Los Angeles market to grow the rental department. (recording studios, competitions, Universities, music venues, Art Centers)
- College degree in music or music business & management.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Knowledge of piano and piano literature.
- Computer skills required. Proficient in MS Word & Excel.
- Hard working, self motivated and career minded individual.
Last Updated: May 13, 2013
Our renowned sales organization offers opportunities for retailing the world’s finest piano, with excellent earning potential and full and comprehensive benefits. Our most successful candidates have a background in retailing luxury goods, building relationships, and a knowledge of pianos and piano literature.
Last Updated: May 8, 2013
Managing and directing a retail sales location requires an expert understanding of the local market, thorough product knowledge of the world's finest piano, and the ability to motivate your sales force. If you have these qualities and qualifications, please contact us to discuss sales management opportunities within the Steinway organization.
Steinway & Sons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.