Following the recreation of the Alma Tadema Art Case, the Steinway Peace Piano is the second to be named to Steinway & Sons Legendary Art Case Collection. It is a re-creation of a historic Steinway concert grand piano that was first exhibited at the New York World's Fair in 1939. The original piano, designed by renowned 20th Century Art Deco designer Walter Dorwin Teague, is now housed at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. Steinway & Sons created this awe-inspiring concert grand piano to increase the public's awareness of UNICEF and to raise money for children in need through the joy of music. The Peace Piano made its debut in 2004 when acclaimed Steinway artist and newly appointed UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Lang Lang became the first pianist to play it. In keeping with the theme of peace, above each leg is a hand carved dove grasping an olive branch. The lower rim of the case, painted gold like the doves, is adorned with 63 stars. The 195 flags of the nations of the world wrap around the bottom edge of the piano. The 35 flags across the front of the piano are those of developed nations, such as the United States, Great Britain, and other European countries that are aiding in relief efforts on UNICEF's behalf.