Every Art Case is truly bespoke, the ultimate Steinway experience. Each instrument reflects the artistry of the designer and the unique aesthetic sensibility of the owner – exemplary craftsmanship that will never be replicated.
Using a variety of techniques such as painting, inlays, customized finishes, and special material applications, we can help you personalize your Steinway, making it absolutely your own.
How it Works
Steinway Presented Designs
Custom Designs by Modern Masters. The Custom Pianos Division hand selects distinctive designs to build and offer for sale, from simple embellishments to show stopping masterpieces. Visionary talents from the worlds of art and design have partnered with us to unveil Art Cases, Special Collection designs, and Limited Editions alike.
The Commissioning Process
Inspiration Abounds. We also offer you the option of creating the perfect self-expression with a unique design based on your original ideas, or one inspired by our extensive portfolio. From subtle details to opulent creations, the possibilities are as limitless as your imagination.
Design Realized. A preliminary design consultation provides a framework of understanding your vision and aesthetic preferences – and for sharing the broad range of options available. These insights inform the creative direction, which we continually refine as we compile a visual presentation of illustrations and computer renderings that reflect your expressed ideas.
A Collaborative Experience from Vision to Execution. The production of a Custom Piano can take 12 months or more, depending on the complexity of the design. We carefully document the creative journey of every custom piano, and provide the owner with a visual account of their piano’s creation. Throughout production of your Custom Steinway you can be continually updated on its progress, ensuring a uniquely collaborative process – from concept to delivery.
To learn more about Custom Steinway Pianos and start creating your own Custom piano.
CUSTOM PIANO UPDATES
- Steinway & Sons Unveils Dakota Jackson’s “Arabesque”… 02/28/2014
- Custom Steinway Piano Biggest Ticket Item at Sotheby’s… 11/24/2013
- ABC News: Bono, Jony Ive & Mark Newson Discuss Designed Items… 11/22/2013
- Steinway & Sons Reveals Limited Edition Dakota Jackson “Arabesque”… 10/16/2013
- Huffington Post: Visual Art Comes (Back) to Steinway Piano 03/01/2013
- Charm of The Dragon - Steinway & Sons Commemorative Edition… 10/31/2012
- Steinway and RISD Collaborate to Explore New Art Case Piano Designs 09/25/2012